RULES FOR THE BOARDERS OF THE HOSTELS
The following rules shall apply to both Boys and Girls students residing in the hostels.
Violation of any rule will make the boarder liable to disciplinary action including fine and expulsion from the hostels or even from Institution.
- Every student must remember that the hostel is the home of the student on the campus and therefore, he/she should behave himself/herself on the campus as well as outside in such a manner as to bring credit to him/her and to Institution.
- A student once admitted in the hostel will continue to be a hostel boarder throughout the year unless otherwise debarred from the hostel on disciplinary grounds. Unless they clear the mess dues, they shall not be allowed to appear in any examinations, further, he/she may be expelled from the hostel.
- Accommodation will be provided during summer vacation on request if it is urgent depending upon the availability of room. The tariff during summer vacation is Rs.200/- per day.
- Room furniture, electrical fittings etc., are required to be maintained by the students in good condition. Students should vacate the hostel during summer vacation. If they have to leave any belongings in the hostel during this period, they should contact the hostel Warden/ Assistant Warden for the same but at their own risk.
- Residents shall occupy the rooms only after allotment is made by the Institution and warden concerned. Change of room may be permitted in exceptional cases, provided it is deemed necessary/justified to the Warden. Unauthorized occupation of any room or exchange of rooms shall be treated as serious violation of disciplinary rules of the hostels. Boarders found guilty of such violation of the hostel rules shall be expelled from the hostels without any further enquiry and fine may also be imposed.
- Debarred boarders will not be re-allotted hostel under any circumstances.
- No parent or guardian of a student is permitted to stay in the hostel. In case of
emergency they must obtain permission from Warden/Hostel Superintendent.
- Visitors are not permitted in the hostel after 7.30 PM. However, in special cases, prior permission on written application must be obtained from the warden/Hostel Superintendent.
- Boarder shall not leave the headquarters without prior permission of the Warden//Hostel Superintendent. They shall have to apply for permission in writing in advance stating the reason for leaving and the address of destination. Boarders who leave hostel without application and prior permission from the concerned authorities shall be deemed to be treated missing.
- Any boarder harboring any unauthorized person(s) will be expelled from the hostel immediately.
- The boarders should not leave the hostel premises on holidays for the purpose of excursion or picnic without prior permission of the Warden//Hostel Superintendent. However, for any accident or fatality that may occur during picnic/excursion, the responsibility does not lie with the institute or Hostel authorities.
- No boarder is permitted to take any article/utensils etc, outside the mess premises and even to his/her room. If anyone is found doing so, strict action may be taken.
- No association of students on the basis of region, caste or creed is permitted. 14. No secret activities or meetings are permitted in the hostel premises. For
holding any meeting in the hostel room or anywhere in the hostel area, prior written permission should be obtained from the Warden.
- Boarders shall refrain from any act, covert or overt, that may destroy or disturb the peace and harmony among the boarder and on the campus.
- No boarder shall take the law into his/her own hands. If any of the boarders find that other students are indulging in any undesirable activity or causing inconvenience or physical injury to him/her or to the other hostel inmates, he/she should lodge a complaint in writing with the warden concerned.
- Keeping of lethal weapons like sticks, rods, chains etc. in the hostel rooms is strictly prohibited.
- The hostel cannot be considered as the hiding place for miscreants. The police authorities may enter the campus with the permission from higher authority of the institute and detain anyone depending upon the severity of the offence.
- Ragging of any kind is severely punishable as per the Act, 2002. As such students are advised not to indulge in such activity.
- Students who have finished the four years of course work but yet to pass some examinations are called back loggers. Such students will not be normally given accommodation in the college hostels. Similarly, students who have not been promoted to the next higher class and who are not for some reason attending classes during the given semester or academic year also will not be given accommodation in the hostels.
- The hostel area is declared out of bounds to the back loggers. Therefore, the stay of any back logger in the hostel will be treated as a case of trespass. The hostellers who entertain or permit backlog students or other student to stay in their rooms, will also be liable to disciplinary action including expulsion from hostels. The action may be taken on all of the inmates of particular room.
- Hostel inmates who are found guilty of misconduct or guilty of infringement of any of the rules prescribed above shall be liable to fine, suspension, rustication or dismissal either from the hostels and/or from the institute or both by the appropriate authority.
- Accommodation in the hostel cannot be claimed as a matter of right. Students who disturb peace and violate the rules of the hostels on the campus will be expelled from the hostels.
- In case a student falls sick, he/she should immediately contact the Warden/ Hostel Superintendent.
- In case of an emergency, students may shift the patient immediately to a hospital and inform the authorities at the earliest.
- A student suffering from infectious/contagious diseases/mental disorder of any degree/cases of depression will not be permitted to stay in hostels.
- Boarders shall not get involved in arguments or otherwise interfere with the duties of the employees of the hostel. Complaints/suggestion should be submitted in writing to the Hostel Superintendent’s office.
- A boarder will be completely responsible for all his possessions including his/her cycle/Laptop/Computer/Electronic gadgets, etc. The Institute hostel will not be responsible for any loss incurred.
- The use/ keeping of motor vehicles such as Car, Motor cycle, Scooters, Mopeds, etc. by students is strictly prohibited inside the hostel premises. In emergency, the Hostel Superintendent / warden can be consulted for permission.
- No one should use the belongings of other students without their consent.
- Boarders will be personally and collectively responsible for any loss/damage to the properties and equipment and other fittings in the common halls. In case of damage to any buildings, furniture, apparatus or other property of the college, the loss caused to the Institution shall be recovered directly from those identified persons whenever possible. But, if persons who cause the damage are unknown, the cost of repairing it, as may be assessed by the hostel authorities, will be distributed equally among all the students of such groups or associations as may be found responsible.
- Boarders are advised not to keep valuables in the hostel rooms. They are advised to deposit extra cash in the bank or in the post office or at any other safe place.
- They should lock their rooms properly when they go out for their bath, mess etc., Each room-mate must keep a key of the door lock of his room, particularly in the case of double/triple seated rooms.
- Each student shall use only one tube-light/ CFL not exceeding 40 watts. Use of all unauthorized electrical appliances such as heaters etc. is strictly prohibited and these will be confiscated, and the concerned student will be penalized. However, usage of computer and printer in the hostel room will be allowed with prior permission from the Warden.
- A student who possesses a personal computer/laptop should register with the concerned Hostel Superintendent. A student, who wishes to take his /her personal computer outside the campus, will have to contact the Warden in person and get permission by producing (a) the original bill for the purchase of the computer, (b) Identity card.
- Fans and lights must be switched off when the boarders leave their rooms. Light must be switched off positively when they go to bed. In case it is noticed that fans/lights are on, in locked room, a heavy penalty will be imposed for wasting the costly energy sources.
- Every student residing in the hostel must dine in the hostel messes only. Individual/group cooking in the rooms is forbidden. If found, they will be expelled from hostels or fined.
- Playing music and videos etc. inside the rooms is strictly prohibited as it causes disturbance to the inmates. Any such complaint against boarders will be viewed very seriously and seizure of the gadgets will be made along with imposition of heavy fine.
- Every inmate of the hostel shall pay the mess bill and other charges before the stipulated date of every semester, failing which fines will be imposed as per rules and regulations. The approved rules regarding mess rebate will be applied to all the inmates of the hostel. Mess exemption on medical ground will be allowed under extraordinary situation on payment of service charges.
- The room of any student in the hostel can be inspected at any time by the /Warden/Hostel Superintendent or any authorized member of the institute staff. Inmates are advised to keep their ID cards with them and show them on demand.
- Mess Committee, Maintenance Committee, Sports Committee and Cultural Committee will be selected by hostellers for self, transparent and efficient functioning. Payment against Bill will only be made after recommendation of the concerned Committee.
- Hostel inmates are requested to maintain their surroundings neat and clean.
- Students should not break/open or try to break/open the occupied/vacant rooms of the hostels. Any damage done to the hostel property will have to be borne by all the boarders of the hostel.
- Inmates should not use fire crackers on any occasion inside the hostel or within the premises of the hostel.
- Inmates are prohibited from writing slogans or any writings obscene drawings on the hostel walls and rooms. Heavy penalties will be imposed on students/group of students indulging in such writings.
- Inmates should not play cricket, football etc., in the common halls or inside or in front of hostels. It causes damage to the hostel property, but also disturbs the peace of the surroundings. Heavy penalty will be imposed and will be collected from all students of the Block.
- All the boarders are to note that electrical/carpentry/plumbing complaints should be given in writing to Care Taker/Hostel Superintendent/ or written in the complaint register available in the hostel office. In case the complaint is not attended to or there is any difficulty, the students can contact the Warden. The payment will be made after recommendation of maintenance committee.
- Drinking/possessing/bearing/consuming of alcoholic liquor and other prohibited drugs are strictly prohibited including smoking. Stern action (e.g. immediate expulsion from hostel, and even from Institute) will be taken against the student violating the same by the competent authority. FIR will be lodged against such student.
- Late comers (after gate closing time) will have to show their I-Card at the entrance before requesting for entry.
For Boys students:
- Female visitors and girl students are not permitted to visit the men’s hostel any time.
- Boys students shall not remain absent from their hostels during night between 10.30 PM to 5.00 AM without the prior permission of the Hostel Superintendent/ Warden.
RULES APPLICABLE TO MESSES AND BOARDERS
- A student as soon as he is admitted into the institute hostel will also be enrolled with one of the messes. Admission will be made on payment of the specified mess deposit and other fees.
- If the boarder fails to pay the mess bill until the end of given date, he/she will be expelled from the mess through a written notice.
- Mess changes will be allowed only by the Hostel Superintendent/Warden who will make the changes ensuring that the strengths of all the messes are even or balanced. Change of mess cannot be insisted upon as a matter of right. Mess changes are not allowed.
- Mess Caution Money will be adjusted/refunded only when the student finishes his/her course and takes No Dues certificate from the Institute. No adjustment of mess bills against CMD (Caution Money Deposit) is permissible.
- Every year student has to bring a Pass-port size photograph to be attached on mess card. Student should write the postal address of his/her home on the mess card.
- If any student has given the intimation that he/she will be absent from the mess and there after he/she is caught taking the food without informing authority, then he/she will be charged 3(three) times the existing charge during the whole absent period.
NOTE: Boarders found guilty of violating any hostel rule will be expelled from the hostel without any further enquiry and fine may also be imposed on them as decided by Warden/Hostel Superintendent and his/her case may also be referred to the Institute Disciplinary Committee for further necessary action. Parents will also be informed regarding violation of hostel rule and indiscipline behavior of their ward.
* * * * *